Sunday 15 December 2013

Shirring fabric

Hay guys!
I am making a funky little fancy dress, for a friend at the moment and decided we need the top "Shirred".  It is an easy finish (no zip) and super easy to wear!!!
I can't show you the finished dress yet but I can show you the "Shirring part".  (We will have photos of the dress after this Thursday which is the event date).

So to start you need Shirring elastic, an empty bobbin, matching thread, and a good pair of clippers.
Thread the shirring elastic on to the empty bobbin (the usual way you thread a bobbin).
Work out how many rows of shirring your want for your garment and measure them out.  I usually do each line 1cm apart.
In this case I had to allow a little more because there is a hole pattern on the fabric I am currently using.

Once your set begin you stitches (make sure you check your machine tension first) and your lines must be perfectly straight!!!

Below is the final product:
Let me know your thoughts and send me samples of your shirring!
MMM x

No comments:

Post a Comment